Skip to main content

Yauatcha, Soho

Friday is totally the best day of the week. I mean, the feeling when you finish your last class and just wanna runaway from school. Geez, it's like the best feeling ever!
So today, i went to a Chinese restaurant called YAUATCHA in Soho. This place has caught my attention when i first saw it on Yelp and Time Out. Being one Michelin Starred restaurant, Yauatcha provides a very chic, modern and elegant place for dim sum lovers.





I really love the starry night celling. It is so beautiful and feels so romantic. Tables and chairs are quite dull and monotone, but still look elegant and go nicely with the concept. Have you also noticed the large aquarium along the bar? It is very elegant and eye catching.  

Venison Puff (£4.90)
This was the first dish that came out. The presentation was not so appealing as you can see. It doesn’t appear as Michelin starred restaurant dish. However, I think this the best dim sum puff I have ever tasted in my whole life. I like it better than any pork, beef, or chicken puffs. Never knew a venison puff could be this amazing.


Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf (£5.10)
Again, it doesn’t look appealing at all. But, the taste of Michelin starred restaurant never lies. This is the best sticky rice in lotus leaf I have ever had so far. The filling of the sticky rice, containing chicken and egg are just perfect. It was really a pleasure on my taste buds.

Sirloin Beef and Enoki Mushroom Cheung Fun (£9.80)
Again, I don’t understand why this restaurant is very poor on their presentation. I mean cm on, you are a Michelin starred restaurant, and surely you can do better than this. But again, the taste of this dish was amazing. The sauce goes really well with the cheung fun and I absolutely love the combination of the beef and enoki inside it.

Desserts Selection
I really wish i could try them all!

Guava Dome (£8.50)
Well, I guess for deserts, they did a quite impressive presentation. Aside from the stunning presentation, the taste was divine. Not only consists of guavas, passion fruits, tropical salsa and sable breton (some kind of biscuits), it also served with a guava sorbet. The sable breton gives a crunchy texture and the sorbet was very refreshing. This dessert definitely gets a 5 stars from me. I love it love it love it. It is now become my most favourite dessert in London :)

Raspberry Delice (£8.50)
Look at how beautiful it is! I fell in love at the first sight. It looks like a rose and the red colour are so sexy. The cake consists of raspberry, chocolate and lychee in the middle. It also comes with a raspberry sorbet. If you like something lightly sweet for dessert, I definitely recommend this one. It wasn’t too sweet and the combination of chocolate and the fruits are exquisite.

Undoubtedly, this is the best dim sum restaurant that I have ever been so far. My friend said the main course was not really good, although I never tried it (she usually has the same taste as me, so I trust her). Therefore, I highly suggest only come to this restaurant for the dim sums and the desserts. As for pricing, it is quite expensive for dim sums, but still make sense considering it received one Michelin star. The waiters and waitresses were also quite decent, although they don’t smile often. Overall, I give 4/5 for this restaurant. I think they still need to improve on their presentation and the service as well. Don’t forget to book first because the restaurant can be busy.

Address: 15-17 Broadwick Street, London W1F 0DL
Tel: 020 7494 8888
Nearest tube: Tottenham Court Road
Opening hours: 12.00 – 11pm
Price: £££

Comments