Skip to main content

The Dayrooms, Notting Hill

Well, let's be honest, girls love brunch. If you are a major foodie like me, you should know that hot spot like Notting Hill is not just known for their colourful neighbourhood and pretty houses, but spoiler alert, it's also the heaven for brunch and coffee lovers. 

My visit yesterday marks the second time i went to The Dayrooms. The first time was because my Instagram was overflowed by pretty brunches from this cafe and yesterday, a friend of mine wanted really bad to try this new hot spot. The Aussie inspired cafe serves brunch, coffee and delicious smoothies all day. 

On the table from left to right is loaded croissant (£12), Honeycomb hotcakes (£10), and Sweet potato and kale hash (£12)

Loaded Croissant (£12)
I am an avid croissant lover. Imagine how glad I was when I found this on the menu. The best part *drum roll.. it comes with truffled scrambled eggs! Truffle... is seriously my major crush. Although I really think the truffle was overpowered by the eggs, it does enhances the flavour of the egg. Apart from truffle, the croissant is also loaded with rockets, courgettes and parmesan. All complement each other perfectly.

Honeycomb hotcakes (£10)
The honeycomb hotcake is the one I am most excited to try since it attracts most of my attention in the social media. It's really gorgeous looking, especially with the berries and edible flower on top. However, i guess my expectation was too high for this cake. The texture was somehow too hard for me (not soft as I expected) and the worst part was the honeycomb keeps sticking on my teeth. Many other bloggers and Instagrammers seems to have a liking for this cake, but to me, it's overrated.


Tumeric latte (£3), Honeycomb hotcakes (£10), Bagel royale (£12), Acai bowl (£7.5)
As a fan of smoked salmon, the bagel royale was a perfect dish for me. The bagel was lightly toasted, topped with a beetroot puree, flaked smoked salmon, two poached eggs, and green hollandaise sauce. A perfect salty and savoury food for your palate.

My friend ordered their acai bowl and I pretty sad to declare that it was my least favourite thing on the menu. I like acai bowl, but particularly this one was super bland and the granola was too hard. But since there are so many positive appreciations for this dish in the social media, I guess a mistake happened in the kitchen (maybe?).

Tumeric latte was okay, not really the best to be honest. The turmeric smell was quite strong, but only lingers a tiny hint of taste. Probably won't order it again next time.

Overall, i had an amazing experience brunching at the Dayrooms cafe. Some of their high protein menus are really good and a happy in my tummy. However sadly, I do think some others are overrated and need further improvement. The cafe is small and occasionally, you would need to share your table when it is crowded. However, interior wise, it is posh and very adorable. 


Address:  212 Kensington Road, London W11 1NR
Opening hours: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Price: ££     

Comments