Skip to main content

Maison Bertaux, Bloomsbury

Hi there :) so, i guess this is my first time posting a blog about food.
I am going to start with my favorite dessert cafe in central London.
So, i was scrolling down instagram when i found this beautiful cafe in Soho, London.
It is called Maison Bertaux, which is London's oldest (and best) patisserie -- what the website says


The place was really nice with somehow 'cheesy' decoration (you know, like the pink fabric in the picture and those vintage lamps). It reminds me of the 80's prom i usually watch on romance movies.

So, yeah i decided to try of course, my favorite cake, which is mille feuille and my friend ordered what the seller said 'fruit' cheese cake (many fruits in it, which are i think strawberries, blackberries, and grapes?) The cafe itself is very popular for its cheese cakes. If i'm not misremembered, they have like 3 types of fruit cheese cakes, but the one my friend ordered seemed the most tempting ;)


Both of cakes are surprisingly delicious with just the 'right' taste in mouth. It is not too sweet and just you know, perfect. My friend and I decided that this cafe served the most delicious cheese cake and mille feuille in town so far. 

We also enjoy our desserts with tea. (I don't know what kind of tea because i just said i want tea to the waiter). I think i drank like 4 cups of tea and mysteriously, i cannot sleep until 4 am in the morning. I guess the tea was stronger than coffee. Or maybe they put caffeine in the tea or something. 

For two cakes and a pot of tea, we paid about 15 pounds (if i'm not mistaken), which yeah.. i think pretty affordable for students' pocket ;)

Overall, i give 4/5 score for this beautiful cafe. I also love this place because it opens until late, which is pretty hard to find in London. Moreover, the owner is really nice and friendly. I really will come again for next visit.

Address : 28 Greek Street, London W1D 5DH
Nearest tube : Leicester Square
Opening hours : 08.30 - 23.00
Price : £

Comments