Skip to main content

Meat Liquor, Marylebone

Hi there :)
I guess writing about food and restaurant become quite addicting to me since yesterday. So, today, i'd like to review a burger joint (and a bar) in Marylebone named Meat Liqour. One of my friend recommended this restaurant to me. In fact, we came together couple months ago, but since the queue was so damn long, we canceled to eat there. Couple weeks after that, me and my other friend finally decided to join the long queue (about 30-45 mins) because we're just so curious about how tasty it is.

When i first got in, my first impression is that the place was some how so gothic and you know, like a place for satan cult or something. I just wished they didn't worship devil in the restaurant.

Furthermore, the place was super dark. I just don't get it how the hell people can see the food. What if there was hair or i don't know, insects probably in the food. They might accidentally eat it. Ewh !

The worst part, the place was so damn smelly and stuffy. It smells like sweat and body odor (super yuks!) I actually just wanna runaway from that place, but remembering of how long i was standing in the queue, well, never mind, i just have to try the freaking burger and never coming back again.

So, i ordered bacon cheese burger (it just seemed so damn good) and cheese fries. My friend ordered, which i think cheese burger and bingo wings (chicken wings with cheese dip).



 Cheese Fries (£4.00)

 Bingo Wings (£6.50)

Bacon Cheese Burger (£8.00)

Well, to be truth, i was disappointed. I really think the food wasn't worth the queue. It is good, but it is just not 'that good'. I don't understand why people willing to queue for so long to eat in this restaurant (unless, there is really a satan worship). However, i really recommend to  try the cheese fries. It might not be the best cheese fries, but for me personally, i love it.

My friend and i also tried the cocktails. I ordered pina colada, where she ordered mojito. The cocktails was really nice thou. Basically, the pina colada was pretty strong and i can feel more of the bitterness of alcohol rather than the sweetness from the coconut. It might be that people queue for the bar instead of the burger. 

Overall, i give 2/5 for this place. I might recommend it for the cocktails, but i can named many other burger joints better than this one.

Address : 74 Welbeck St, London W1G 0BA
Nearest tube : Bond Street
Opening Hours : 12.00 pm - 02.00 am
Price : ££

Comments